ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. We at SHARP will provide you with our various products and/or services, and in order for us to do so, we kindly request of you to provide us with your personal information such as your name, identification number, address, and telephone number. We may also keep records relating to your access to our web server. For such purpose, cookies may be used, sent by our server to your system, and may be collected by our company due to your access to our server when you are using your system.
2. Your information and records as described above (hereinafter referred to as the “Information”) will be stored and maintained in our database only for a certain period of time as necessary and will be kept in confidence by us.
We will use the Information only for the following purposes of:
(a) rendering services related to our business such as warranty or after sales services,
(b) fulfilling our obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and our company,
(c) providing you with our latest product information and other related information from time to time, and/or
(d) conducting surveys to obtain your opinions regarding our products and/or services.
3. As we value your privacy, please note that you will be given options with respect to whether you consent to the foregoing collection, storage, use and disclosure of the Information by our company, by choosing whether to submit the Information or not. By choosing to submit the Information to our company, this shall be deemed as your consent and agreement to these policies regarding the collection, storage, use and disclosure of the Information by our company. It is not obligatory for you to provide the Information to our company, however a failure to do so may result in our company being unable to sell our products and/or provide certain services including after sales services to you.
4. Should you see the need to inspect, correct, update or delete the Information stored in our database, or if you would like to stop receiving further marketing materials from us, or if you have any question or comment about our privacy policies, please contact us by calling the Sharp Service Department at 1-800-88-8678 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Also, please note that our company may share these Information with other departments in our company and/or any associated company in SHARP either in Malaysia or overseas for the purposes described above. For the purposes of performing our obligations under a sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and our company, the Information may be shared with third parties. As such, our company will attempt best efforts to ensure that the recipients do not misuse the Information other than for the limited purpose determined by our company within the scope of your consent, and will attempt with our best efforts to ensure that the Information is secured from unauthorized use. Nonetheless, the Information may only be disclosed to other third parties in exceptional cases required by laws or regulatory authorities.
6. Please be advised that SHARP shall not be responsible for the collection, disclosure and/or use of your personal information provided by you to any third party’s web site which is linked to or from our web site. While accessing such linked sites, you may be providing personal information to such linked web site. Hence, please be informed that you are entirely at your own risk.
7. This declaration shall only be valid for customers in Malaysia.
The privacy statement is only applicable to https://www.esharp.com.my/ (“Site”) owned and operated by Sharp Electronics (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, its subsidiaries and/or affiliates (“SHARP”). The following items below serves as a notice to inform you of the practices and options that you can make about the way your information is collected online and how that information will be used.
1) Your personal information including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as e-mail address, and/or telephone number which you have provided will be collected by SHARP. You may amend or update either online or otherwise when you register for eSharp account, register your product, sign up for product information and/or participate in direct marketing activities such as online promotion and lucky draws. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to any and all such access and/or transfers of your personal information and its use according to this privacy statement.
2) SHARP will use your personal information for the following purposes:
2.1 provide service and support
2.2 communicate with you about products and services
2.3 direct marketing
2.4 performance evaluation for ads and marketing initiatives
2.5 providing customised promotional offers
2.6 monitor usage and improve the contents of this Site
2.7 update you about the latest services and benefits
2.8 allow you to participate in surveys and contests
2.9 communicate to you certain selected contents
2.10 contact you about SHARP products or services
Should you decide to not to receive direct marketing materials from us, please select your decision accordingly in the eSharp registration form.
3) SHARP may provide these personal information to other entities of SHARP, SHARP’s suppliers and agents, or suppliers and agents of SHARP’s affiliated within the purpose of use described in Sections 2, but it will not share or disclose your personal information to other third-parties without your permission unless:
(i) required to do so in compliance with any law, regulation, subpoena or court order;
(ii) required to comply with the request of a government, regulatory or law enforcement agency;
(iii) for investigation purposes and help to prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
(iv) to enforce/protect the rights and properties of SHARP or its affiliates; or
(v) to protect the rights or personal safety of SHARP employees and third parties.
4) If you are under the age of 18, you are requested to obtain the consent of your parent or guardian before any of your personal information is submitted.
5) You may always update your personal information at your own discretion. If you registered your details for eSharp registration online, please update your personal details by logging on to the website.
6) While complying with applicable laws and regulations, SHARP will make ongoing efforts to constantly upgrade and improve measures taken to protect your personal information.
7) SHARP will make reasonable efforts to maintain and improve security to ensure that personal information is managed safely.
II. Link to Third Party websites
1) This Site may provide links to third-party websites. When you leave the Site for third-party websites, these third-party websites are not controlled by SHARP and whose privacy practices may differ from SHARP’s practices.
3) This Site may provide social media features that enable you to share SHARP information with your social networks and to interact with SHARP on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. Please review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact so as to ensure that you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
4) SHARP hereby expressly disclaims to the maximum extent permissible at law any liability for the privacy and/or security practices included on or operated by third party websites and social media sites.
IV. Changes to Privacy Statement
1) Should there be any changes in Privacy Statement it will be published here.
2) Any significant changes made to our privacy statement may be notified by other means, such as sending an electronic mail or posting a notice on our home page.
V. Contacting us
1) If you have comments or questions about this privacy statement, please send them to:
Web Master Sharp Online Store
2) Please be advised that any form of communication sent to this site, be it ideas, suggestions or any other e-mail, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.